Our story begins in the winter of 1882. A small group of Christians were meeting in Turner Hall until a minister from Virginia came and helped grow the gathering. By May of 1882 the church was organized and in August the first pastor, Pastor Aiken, was called to bi-vocational ministry.
On March 14, 1884 the Secretary of the State of Kansas, James Smith, granted the church a charter. The church has remained ever since.
Over the past 130+ years the buildings have changed, the people have changed, but one thing remains the same: Jesus is what it’s all about. He’s the leader of the church and we’re on his mission to make more and better followers of him.